AccuTracking Installation Guide - iPhone
- Install iPhone App
- Configure App
- Online Tracking
- Monitoring phones from Google Earth
NOTE: the tracking app needs to be running foreground all the time because iOS kills third party background apps.
As a general guideline, using a phone as tracking device is not as reliable as with a dedicated GPS tracking device, because the phone is by nature a "multi-purpose" device and the apps on the phone could interfere with the tracking app, for instance, the power management, the phone settings.
We support a couple of third-party iOS tracking client apps. These apps can be configured to report locations to our server, and you can view the real-time tracking data from our website.
From your iPhone, purchase and install the following app from App Store:
- iTrackIT-Lite (developed and supported by http://www.itrackit.co.uk/)
Note: iTrackIT-Lite reports location every mile and you cannot change it. iTrackIT Pro version allows you to set update interval
2.1). Enter the following info in the tracking client app settings:
- Server: 188.8.131.52
- IMEI: You can enter any unique number (digital only, no alphabets or special characters). You can use the full phone number or the actual IMEI number of the phone.
- If the app has Username and Password setting, leave them blank. If the app has Port setting, enter 30175.
- Choose an easy to remember nickname for your phone;
- Choose "Other tracking client" from "Unit type" dropdown;
- In the "IMEI/ID" field, enter the *same* unique number you picked for IMEI in step 2.1) above (they have to exactly match!).
- Click "Add" button.
3.1). With the tracking app running on your phone, go to an open air place and wait a few minutes until it sends your locations.
Please see here for how to track in Google Earth.
Please see our knowledgebase page for troubleshooting.