AccuTracking Installation Guide - Android Phones
- Install AccuTracking App
- Configure App
- Online Tracking
- Monitoring phones from Google Earth
As a general guideline, using a phone as tracking device is not as reliable as with a dedicated GPS tracking device, because the phone is by nature a "multi-purpose" device and the apps on the phone could interfere with the tracking app, for instance, the power management, the phone settings.
Use your phone bar code reader to scan the following QR codes, or open the phone web browser and go to https://secure.accutracking.com/download/android, then follow the screen to download and install the app.
When running AccuTracking for the first time, it will ask you to enter a Tracker ID. The tracker ID is obtained from the following steps:
- Choose an easy to remember nickname for your phone;
- Choose "Phone" from "Unit type" dropdown;
- Click "Add" button.
A tracker ID will be generated for you.
2.2). Start AccuTracking on the phone, on the settings screen, enter the tracker ID just generated and press the Back key.
2.3). To access the main menu, on the AccuTracking screen, press the menu key on the phone, you will see a list of menu items. To quit AccuTracking, select "Exit".
2.4). Some basic operations:
- The "Hide" button will send the application to background while still running.
- "Settings" button will bring up the option screen to set the sending interval, Smart Sending preferences (see FAQ for more details).
- "Exit" will terminate the AccuTracking application.
3.1). With the AccuTracking application running on your phone, go to an open air place and wait a few minutes until it says 'Latitude Longitude Speed Heading Altitude' and the status line shows "Sent" with a timestamp. Your position, speed and heading data has now been sent to the server and will be sent periodically.
Please see here for how to track in Google Earth.
Please see our knowledgebase page for troubleshooting.